[squid-users] Fast acl for ip-based url

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Mar 10 11:28:52 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 12:17 a.m., Roel van Meer wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> is there a fast acl to match ip-based urls?
>
> I would have thought to use dstdom_regex, but the docs say that a
> reverse lookup is done if no match is found, which means (I think) that
> it will become a slow acl for all regular urls.

dtsdom* will only do a lookup if the URL content is a raw-IP that fails
to match the pattern. "regular URLs" already have a domain named so no
lookup is needed.

Also, if an asynchronous lookup is required by an ACL when testing in
the non-blocking (fast) access check the ACL is considered a non-match.
The inverted (!) result is also a non-match which can confuse.