[squid-users] Fwd: squid intercept config

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri Mar 6 13:57:37 UTC 2015

On Friday 06 March 2015 at 14:50:50 (EU time), Monah Baki wrote:

> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/FreeBsdPf
>
> So something else is missing?

Can you run a packet sniffer on the proxy, to see what packets come in (noting
the MAC address of the previous hop), what packets go out (to what
address/es), and whether they then seem to come back in again (and if so, from
which MAC address)?

That might give you a clue as to where the forwarding loop is being created.

Regards,

Antony.

--
How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy chapters involving
quantum mechanics.

 - mnemonic for 3.14159265358979

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.