[squid-users] issue with tcp_outgoing_address and external acl

Alberto Perez alberto2perez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 03:25:32 UTC 2015

Hi and thanks to all members in this community for the great support.

Im trying to send traffic for some users through a faster link using
tcp_outgoing_address, I found this directive very usefull and suitable
for this need.

I use a captive portal and my squid only use autorization, so users
are not available with standard ident method.

I wrote an acl to simulate ident process by reading to memory a list
of users from a file and matching external user returned by active
session external acl. For general purposes of autorization this work
fine.

I found that tcp_outgoing_address works good with src ACLs but doesn't
work with this external acl, by the way, has huge ttl so squid doesn't
evaluate it on each request.

Can anyone please tell me if this is possible, or point the right
direction to solve this.

I will be glad to provide more information about my case if is needed.

Thanks a lot in advance

Alberto