[squid-users] TProxy and client_dst_passthru

Stakres vdoctor at neuf.fr
Wed Mar 4 07:19:30 UTC 2015

Hi Eliezer,

Well, we have done many tests with Squid (3.1 to 3.5.x), disabling
"client_dst_passthru" (off) will stop the DNS entry as explained in the
wiki, the option directly acts on the flag "ORIGINAL_DST".
As you know, ORIGINAL_DST switches the optimization off (ex: StoreID) then
it's not possible to cache the URL (ex: http://cdn2.example.com/mypic.png).

In no tproxy/NAT mode, the client_dst_passthru works perfectly by disabling
the DNS entry control, so optimization is done correctly.
But in tproxy/NAT, the client_dst_passthru has no effect, we see
ORIGINAL_DST in logs.

So, maybe I'm totaly wrong here the client_dst_passthru is not related to
the ORIGINAL_DST, or there is an explaination why the client_dst_passthru
does not act in tproxy/NAT...

Bye Fred