[squid-users] Can single squid server handle 1Gbps traffic?

FredB fredbmail at free.fr
Tue Mar 3 17:44:55 UTC 2015

> I would like to know whether a single squid server can handle 1Gbps
> traffic?
>

> Consider I have hardware configuration of 64 GB RAM, 12 Core
> processor and 10 GB NIC. Is it possible?

Depends on what the users are doing, there is a big difference between

A) One user is downloading an ISO file = 1 Gbps (max bandwidth)
B) 10 000 users are downloading many different ISO files = 1 Gbps (max bandwidth)

12 Cores are only useful with workers

So a single server can handle 1 Gbps yes, but ...

----

Regards,

Fred

http://numsys.eu