[squid-users] Squid 3.5.2 and Avast free anti-virus

Alan Palmer alanpalmer72 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 13:23:45 UTC 2015

> This is roughly what the inter-tubes usually look like:
>
> browser -> AV ===> router ===> NAT -> Squid ===> Internet

In this configuration, chrome gives the error

In
Browser->AV->router->NAT->Inet
Or
Browser->router->NAT(redirect)->squid->Inet

Things work just fine, chrome will trust the av or squid on their own but not the av when both are inline. That's the oddness. Even odder is winXP working with both inline.

> You may be able to get the Avast CA cert to be trusted by Chrome.
> Otherwise a reasonable backup is to drop the WebShield on-machine and
> using ICAP in Squid to pass traffic to an AV scanner instead.

Maybe I'll go that route. Have to find an AV Scanner.

Alan