[squid-users] question about encrypted connection between https client and Squid

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 17:51:39 UTC 2015

01.03.15 23:45, Julianne Bielski пишет:
> Normally my infrastructure looks like:
>

> client  -- HTTP CONNECT (not encrypted)  ---> proxy client ------
> TCP tunnel ---> proxy --- TCP tunnel ---> reverse proxy client ---
> HTTPS application payload ---------------> reverse proxy
>
> Now I need it to look like:
>
> client -------- HTTPS application payload ----> proxy  ---- HTTPS
> application payload  ----> reverse proxy

No problem. This will work - and with only one encryption on every
stage. Proxy can pass both - CONNECT with tunneling to reverse proxy,
or bumped HTTPS connection.

In my installation this scheme is works with most Web-sites uses
reverse proxies. I use transparent interception SSL-bump enabled Squid.