[squid-users] TCP_MISS/504 in cache_peer

Stakres vdoctor at neuf.fr
Tue Jun 30 08:21:21 UTC 2015

Anthony, Amos,

The 2 squid are kid/parent each of them (both sibling).
So, when one aks the second, they play the role of kid -> parent, am I right
?

Here is the way:
Squid1 checks the Squid2 and gets that:
... user-ip TCP_MISS/504 708 GET
http://code.jquery.com/ui/1.10.3/jquery-ui.js - CD_SIBLING_HIT/10.1.1.2 ...
Squid2 replies that to the Squid1:
... squid1-ip TCP_MISS/504 478 GET
http://code.jquery.com/ui/1.10.3/jquery-ui.js - HIER_NONE/- text/html

I did many wget with "unavailable" objects from both squid servers, i can
get the objects correctly.
I'll disable the sibling to check if we still have TCP_MISS/504, keep you
posted...

As the 2 squid are in production at the ISP datacenter, not sure I could
apply a debug...
They do have the same route connected to 2 mikrotik (squid1 -> mikrotik1,
squid 2 -> mikrotik2), both mikrotik connected to the same cisco router.
Mangles/DNS/Gateway on mikrotiks are the same.

Fred.