[squid-users] TCP_MISS/504 in cache_peer

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Jun 30 08:21:45 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 30 Jun 2015 at 08:45, Stakres wrote:

> There are 2 squid, sibling each of them.
> Squid1 (10.1.1.1):
> cache_peer 10.1.1.2 sibling 8182 8183 proxy-only no-tproxy
> Squid2 (10.1.1.2):
> cache_peer 10.1.1.1 sibling 8182 8183 proxy-only no-tproxy

> if you need more details, feel free to ask

Okay, so you do not have a child - parent proxy setup, you have two sibling
proxies, plus the browser.

However, my question still remains - why should one proxy (the one you're
referring to as the "kid") be able to retreive the content when the other
(your "parent") failed?

Do they have different routes for connecting to the Internet or something?

Have you tried temporarily removing the sibling proxy relationship, to see
whether one proxy on its own can fetch all the content you expect?

Have you tried to manually download an object which the parent says is
unavailable (with the 504 error) and managed to obtain it?

If so, please post the URL of such an object so we can investigate further.

Regards,

Antony.

--
There's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes.

 - Billy Connolly

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.