[squid-users] acl for redirect

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Jun 26 10:12:59 UTC 2015

On 26/06/2015 8:40 p.m., FredB wrote:
> Mike, you can also to try the dev branch https://github.com/e2guardian/e2guardian/tree/develop
> SSLMITM works now. The request from the client is intercepted, a spoofed certificate supplied for
> the target site and an encrypted connection made back to the client.
> A separate encrypted connection to the target server is set up.  The resulting
> http dencrypted stream is then filtered as normal.

If that order of operations is correct then the e2guardian dev have made
the same mistake we made back in Squid-3.2. client-first bumping opens a
huge security vulnerability - by hiding issues on the server connection
from the client it enables attackers to hijack the server connection
invisibly. This is the reason the more difficult to get working
server-first and peek-n-splice modes exist and are almost mandatory in
Squid today.