[squid-users] Questions Regarding Transparent Proxy, HTTPS, and ssl_bump

Tom Mowbray tmowbray at dalabs.com
Wed Jun 24 16:22:51 UTC 2015

Yuri,

The proxy is being used as a content filter, i.e. domain and URL
whitelisting and blacklisting.

I guess my real question is simply regarding how this traffic is processed
in regards to where I've defined options in my squid.conf?

Also, why does it appear to "bump" all sites when my config says to
"splice" all.

-Tom

Tom,

one simple question.

Soon, all or almost all the Internet go into HTTPS. Why do you then need
caching proxy? The tunnel connection and process ACLs?

My second question to Amos. Amos, what the hell do we under these
conditions caching proxy?

WBR, Yuri