[squid-users] tos miss-mask not working at all squid 3.5.5

mohammad al_luhaybi at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 08:37:04 UTC 2015

dear Amos,

I didn't read the AFAIK part of your post just after replying, i guess i'm
busy trying to make this work ;-).

so, if I understand correctly, even marking will have same problems. !!
strange.

this is strange.

this requirement to start; was issued due to the fact, that the parent
squid; using a wrerite program, is returning a hit, and serving files from
local cache.
however, the child squid, keeps seeing it as a miss, i guess it's due to the
rewrite limitation.

meaning, qos_flows tos parent-hit-0xXX at child, never works !!

i've tried both ICP and HTCP, and all same issue, parent returns hit, child
see's it as a miss; and skip the command above.

is there a way, to make the child squid; to actually, depend on the HIT
returned from the parent, and actually makes the parent-hit command works ?

thank you for your time.