[squid-users] Recommended Multi-CPU Configuration

Michael Pelletier michael.pelletier at palmbeachschools.org
Wed Jun 17 20:53:36 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am looking to had some more power to squid. I have seen two different
types of configurations to do this:

1. Adding workers directive equal to the number of cpus. Then adding a
special wrapper around the AUFS disk cache so that the correct worker can
only access the correct cache. Yes, I know rock is multi cpu capable.

2. Using the split configuration from the Squid Web page. This involved a
front end and multiple backend squid servers on the same server.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/MultiCpuSystem

My question is, which one is recommended? What are the pros and cons of
each?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

--

*Disclaimer: *Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If
you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public