[squid-users] kid1| WARNING: 1 swapin MD5 mismatches 3.5

Tory M Blue tmblue at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 23:35:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> On 17/06/2015 10:28 a.m., Tory M Blue wrote:
> > So appears I have some corruption? I can hit this server with tests just
> > fine, but if I put it into production I get these errors.
> >

> > I've got no debug statements active, so this has me a bit concerned
> >

> This is almost always seen as a result of a previous crash which left
> some object in the cache in a corrupted (incomplete write) state.
>
> If you can track down which object it was and erase it (or drop the
> whole cache and restart). It should disappear.
>
> Although any assistance you are able to give in tracking down what the
> root cause of that assert "isEmpty()" is would be welcome. So far we are
> all unable to .
>
> Amos

Well I can run with 2 caches in prod without an issue, so if I can help
with debug or something on this box in the weird state, i'll be more than
happy too.

I believe the issue was i disabled ipv6 while squid was running and it hard
a hard time with that, so I stopped restarted, same error as soon as
traffic came in. I then moved my cache data to local disk (it runs in
memory), and rebooted , restored the data and same error (just wanted to
make sure squid was clean).

So let me know if I can help you track that down.

Tory