[squid-users] problem with some ssl services

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Jun 14 23:58:52 UTC 2015

On 15/06/2015 9:21 a.m., HackXBack wrote:
> In some applications on mobiles, (ANDROID , APPLE)
> there is problem with ssl connections from squid.
> like GOOGLE PLAY app, facebook app, some games app,
> the app will not open when i redirect traffic to squid , but when i make
> torch on the traffic and i got the ip that are not passed, and then i put
> this ip in ssl none bump then the app work.
> this happen weekly, every week i need to bypass none ssl bump new ip's to
> make these app's working fine,
> what cause this problem and how we can not face it ?

Software which is correctly using TLS cannot be bumped.

The "problem" is that you are attacking those applications TLS
connections. They are simply defending against you by improving their
use of TLS.

Ensure that you are using the very latest Squid version to avoid
problems with unsupported TLS mechanisms. The latest Squid will also
automatically splice if its determined that the TLS connection cannot be
bumped.