[squid-users] Suggested refresh_pattern for debian repos?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Jun 13 14:47:25 UTC 2015

On Saturday 13 June 2015 at 16:23:59 (EU time), TarotApprentice wrote:

> I updated 3 machines by doing apt-get update, apt-get upgrade on each in
> turn. I have a 10proxy file in the apt.conf.d directory that has an
> "acquire::http:proxy" statement. Its pointing to Squid 3.5.5.
>
> It gave approx 50% hit rate even though they should all be identical
> machines.

If you're specifically looking for a good cache hit rate for Debian packages,
you might want to install https://packages.debian.org/jessie/apt-cacher-ng
(maybe even on the same machine as you're running Squid on) and then point
your /etc/apt.conf.d/10proxy files at that machine's port 3142 - it does a very
good job for this particular purpose.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Most people have more than the average number of legs.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.