[squid-users] strip_query_terms parameter

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Jun 13 06:38:46 UTC 2015

On 13/06/2015 5:43 p.m., Mohammad Shakir wrote:
> We are using squid 3.4.9 on centos 64bit and getting following issue.
>
> In access.log we can not see the complete log of filehippo.com see the access.log
>
> TCP_MISS/301 336 GET http://filehippo.com/download/file/f9efedf505ee8f42fcaab2569982d439e08c4e88dd569e7c2e68efed55ace44e/
>
> But when we pause the download and resume it then access.log show us.
>
> TCP_MISS_ABORTED/206 344150 GET http://fs32.filehippo.com/4054/c6334025422b451f98163c369aaf3eeb/vlc-2.2.1-win32.exe

If I am interpreting those log lines and what you are saying correctly
then the top log line is the fetch, which redirects (301 status) to the
second URL.

Either the download was fetched with Range header and the
ABORTED/disconnection is how Squid receives the "pause" action from the
client, (thats normal)
 OR
the resume uses a Range request to fetch the incomplete part of the
object. The client then aborts with it still incomplete for some unknown
reason. (thats strange)

Its not clear what the problem is you speak of. What more can you say
about it?

> To get complete url log we switch off this parameter.
>
> strip_query_terms off
>
> But getting the same issue.

Those log lines contain no query-string. You can identify lines affected
by that parameter because they all end with a '?' in the log when its
turned on.