[squid-users] forwarded_for

Snyder, Brian Brian.Snyder at beavercreek.k12.oh.us
Thu Jun 11 13:38:41 UTC 2015

Hello All,
I am running squid 3.3.8 on CentOS 7.1.
The kernel is 3.10.0-229.4.2.el7.x86_64.

I am having an issue where the forwarded_for directive is not working correctly in squid.conf. I initially started the server hiding the client IP using the "delete" setting. We have now changed direction and I wish to use the client IP instead of the proxy. However, no setting will change the server IP presented. I have even tried to reconfigure with the line completely removed from the config with no luck. Stopping the service does not help. Even a server reboot does nothing. I have thought about just doing a rebuild.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian