[squid-users] spotify blocked by squid

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Jun 10 19:25:39 UTC 2015

On 11/06/2015 6:39 a.m., Jonathan Filogna wrote:
> Ty Amos.
>
> one more question
>
> if i run apt-get install squid3 on my debian server, i must change some
> lines like http_body_reply. But i can conserve my old squid.conf right?

Yes. The squid3 package will currently install a whole separate set of
binaries and directories so your 'squid' install is all still in place
and working. You can copy the old config or not, up to you. If you do,
use "squid3 -k parse" to see what minimally needs changing for it to run.

It happens that I'm working through in the process of making a new squid
package that auto-upgrades from 2.7 to 3.5. So I am interested in
hearing about any ERROR/FATAL messages -k parse produces on your old config.