[squid-users] High-availability and load-balancing between N squid servers

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Wed Jun 10 03:59:03 UTC 2015

Hi

I run 2 squid boxes, and I use pacemaker to float 2 VIP's between the 2 boxes.

Basically I just run squid on both and I create a VIP resource that
test if squid is running to allocate the VIP.

But this doesn't really give you load balancing. but very good resilience.

Pacemaker and Linux have the ability to do load balancing, by using a
share IP and some hashing algo , I haven't tested it though