[squid-users] Recommended multi-worker setup?

TarotApprentice tarotapprentice at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 00:35:24 UTC 2015

In the examples on the squid site it gives a multi-worker example using carp (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/SmpCarpCluster). Now that rock storage has been updated with 3.5.5 is that still the best approach?

I was thinking of a single rock cache so the workers could share it rather than the example which has a shared rock cache plus each worker having its own aufs cache. I need to cache windows updates which can get fairly big and would rather not duplicate them between workers.

Cheers,
MarkJ