[squid-users] PAM/Radius authentication question with Squid.3.1.10

Pugal Scout pugalscout at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 07:09:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

Apologies if this question has been asked earlier. Is it possible to setup
squid authentication as below:
Use /etc/passwd for user account verification and radius for password?

I have verified radius authentication is successful on the squid server.
auth_param basic program /usr/lib64/squid/squid_radius_auth -f
/etc/radius_config

The radius database contains lot more users then I want to let them in. I
only want to allow users who have local accounts on the squid server in
/etc/passwd and radius for password verification?

I have also verified PAM radius authentication through SSH.  I tried to use
pam_auth, but it worked one time successfully but has not worked after
that. It is popping with login screen but I do not see any traffic reach
the Radius server.

My /etc/pam.d/squid looks like this
auth        include        /lib64/security/pam_auth (I have also tried
pam_radius_auth.so)
account   include        /lib64/security/pam_auth (I have also tried
pam_radius_auth.so)

Appreciate any guidance on how to setup this up. What needs to be
configured on /etc/pam.d/squid? If there are any permissions that needed to
be provided? Appreciate any feedback.

With regards

Sean