[squid-users] worker per cache_dir

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jun 4 14:11:51 UTC 2015

On 5/06/2015 1:27 a.m., Marcel Fossua wrote:
> Cool Thanks
> but I have an error while doing that maybe it could be the HDD size
> By the way Amos what could you suggest me to handle disks
> I have a jbod with 15 disks (4TB) each
> I read on of your comment stipulating to set a cache_dir per drive (o I'm
> totaly wrong)

That is correct, only place one *AUFS/UFS/diskd cache_dir* per physical
drive disk. But that is because Squid will overload the HDD controller
with seek and I/O collisions when 2 or more are stored together.

> with this worker/disk  distribution I end up with error

Aha, which you have forgotten to copy so we can see exactly what you are
going on about.

If I assume, I would guess it is more likely a 32-bit rounding error
calculating how big in Bytes the cache is or the max-size=N object
parameter. Though the total size should be in 64-bit math by now.