[squid-users] Looking for a recomendation for tutorial for transparent proxy under Ubuntu

dkandle grusha at flywild.net
Mon Jun 1 22:54:27 UTC 2015

Thanks James. That got me most of the way there.
I have the HTTP proxy working now but I have some strange (to me) issues
with SSL traffic.
I am using the ssl-bump
I am redirecting both ports 80 and 443
with:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth2 -s 10.1.10.1/28 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 3128
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth2 -s 10.1.10.1/28 -p tcp --dport 443 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 3129
I never get any invalid cert messages (which I expected) and when I stop
squid the HTTP traffic stops, but not the HTTPS.
Even with squid not running HTTPS keeps on going.
With Wireshark I see the traffic from my client sending to port 443. How is
it getting out when squid is not running?