[squid-users] Looking for a recomendation for tutorial for transparent proxy under Ubuntu

dkandle grusha at flywild.net
Mon Jun 1 16:40:04 UTC 2015

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 on a server with multiple NICs. I would like to set
it up as a transparent proxy. I have the router working and I had squid
working as an explicit proxy (where I set the IP address of the server as
the proxy in my client's browser).
Is there a good tutorial which covers this set-up? I've tried setting the
iptables as some have advised but it has issues.
It is not at all clear to me how squid will know which interface faces the
Internet and which faces my client's subnet.

Thanks