[squid-users] ssl_bump and SNI

Nathan Hoad nathan at getoffmalawn.com
Mon Jun 1 02:12:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

Here are some excerpts of what I've used, and an example Python helper:

https_port 60099 intercept ssl-bump tcpkeepalive
cert=/path/to/cert.pem key=/path/to/key.pem options=NO_SSLv2,NO_SSLv3
generate-host-certificates=on

external_acl_type sni ttl=30 concurrency=X children-max=Y
children-startup=Z %ssl::>sni /path/to/your/helper

acl sni_exclusions external sni
acl tcp_level at_step SslBump1
acl client_hello_peeked at_step SslBump2

ssl_bump peek tcp_level all
ssl_bump splice client_hello_peeked sni_exclusions
ssl_bump bump all

Helper:

import sys

line = sys.stdin.read()

# run loop until an empty read, which indicates the process should shut down.
while line:
    concurrency_id, sni = line.split()

    if sni == 'wellsfargo.com':
        sys.stdout.write('%s OK\n' % concurrency_id)
    else:
        sys.stdout.write('%s ERR\n' % concurrency_id)

    line = sys.stdin.read()

Hope that helps,

Nathan.