[squid-users] LDAP related question.

brendan kearney bpk678 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 12:37:34 UTC 2015

Pretty sure memberOf is an overlay you have to enable in openldap
On Jul 31, 2015 8:34 AM, "Dan Purgert" <dan at djph.net> wrote:

Quoting Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer at ngtech.co.il>:

I managed to make it work!
> I am using ubuntu 14.04.2 with openLDAP and phpldapadmin.
> I have changed my server to look like yours and it still didn't work.
> So what I did was this: I changed the command to:
> /usr/lib/squid3/ext_ldap_group_acl -d -b "dc=ngtech,dc=local" -D
> "cn=admin,dc=ngtech,dc=local" -w password-f
> "(&(objectClass=*)(memberUid=%u)(cn=%g))" -h 127.0.0.1
>
> Which actually works great.
> I enter:"user1 parents" and it says OK.
>
> I have been reading that there might be a reason that memberOf will not
> work as expected and was hoping someone here might know about it.

Oh right, I had to compile in(?) something to make "memberOf" play nice.
Don't remember if it was in slapd or squid though... would need to grab my
setup notes from that server to see.

Glad to hear you got it working though!