[squid-users] squid centos and osq_lock

Josip Makarevic jmakarevic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 06:52:34 UTC 2015

Hi Amos,

 cache_mem 0
 cache deny all

already there.
Regarding number of nic ports we have 4 10G eth cards 2 in each bonding
interface.

Well, entire config would be way too long but here is the static part:
via off
cpu_affinity_map process_numbers=1 cores=2
forwarded_for delete
visible_hostname squid1
pid_filename /var/run/squid1.pid
icp_port 0
htcp_port 0
icp_access deny all
htcp_access deny all
snmp_port 0
snmp_access deny all
dns_nameservers x.x.x.x
cache_mem 0
cache deny all
pipeline_prefetch on
memory_pools off
maximum_object_size 16 KB
maximum_object_size_in_memory 16 KB
ipcache_size 0
cache_store_log none
half_closed_clients off
include /etc/squid/rules
access_log /var/log/squid/squid1-access.log
cache_log /var/log/squid/squid1-cache.log
coredump_dir /var/spool/squid/squid1
refresh_pattern ^ftp:           1440    20%     10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher:        1440    0%      1440
refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0     0%      0
refresh_pattern .               0       20%     4320

acl port0 myport 30000
http_access allow testhost
tcp_outgoing_address x.x.x.x port0

include is there for basic ACL - safe ports and so on - to minimize config
file footprint since it's static and same for every worker.

and so on 44 more times in this config file

Do you know of any good article hot to tune kernel locking or have any idea
why is it happening?
I cannot find any good info on it and all I've found are bits and peaces of
kernel source code.

Tnx.
J.