[squid-users] forward proxy - many users with one login/passwd.

Berkes, David David.J.Berkes at pjc.com
Thu Jul 30 21:57:42 UTC 2015

Just a basic question.  I have a 3.5.0.4 forward proxy setup with basic authentication for my MDM proxy (iphones).  All iphones are set with the global proxy and identical user-name/password.  They will be on an LTE network and will be switching IP's often.  The forward proxy user-name/password will always be the same from each iphone. I have read several things about (max_user_ip, authenticate_ip_ttl) and concerned with the setup.  I essentially don’t want to limit any number of source connections using the same credentials.   Please advise of any pitfalls and/or settings for many users switching IP's frequent, using the same login/passwd.

Thank you

Piper Jaffray & Co. Since 1895. Member SIPC and NYSE. Learn more at www.piperjaffray.com. Piper Jaffray corporate headquarters is located at 800 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55402.

Piper Jaffray outgoing and incoming e-mail is electronically archived and recorded and is subject to review, monitoring and/or disclosure to someone other than the recipient. This e-mail may be considered an advertisement or solicitation for purposes of regulation of commercial electronic mail messages. If you do not wish to receive commercial e-mail communications from Piper Jaffray, go to: www.piperjaffray.com/do_not_email to review the details and submit your request to be added to the Piper Jaffray "Do Not E-mail Registry." For additional disclosure information see www.piperjaffray.com/disclosures