[squid-users] random forward proxy authentication pop-up

Berkes, David David.J.Berkes at pjc.com
Mon Jul 27 15:53:32 UTC 2015

I have squid configured as a forward proxy with basic authentication.  All traffic flows as expected, but periodically I get an authentication pop-up indicating an origin server is requiring credentials.  I check the URL via non-proxy browser and does not ask for proxy credentials?  So to summarize.  Some origin URL's past the forward proxy are asking for basic authentication credentials.  These are not secured with authentication, but give me a pop-up asking for credentials?  Any help would be appreciated.

Piper Jaffray & Co. Since 1895. Member SIPC and NYSE. Learn more at www.piperjaffray.com. Piper Jaffray corporate headquarters is located at 800 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55402.

Piper Jaffray outgoing and incoming e-mail is electronically archived and recorded and is subject to review, monitoring and/or disclosure to someone other than the recipient. This e-mail may be considered an advertisement or solicitation for purposes of regulation of commercial electronic mail messages. If you do not wish to receive commercial e-mail communications from Piper Jaffray, go to: www.piperjaffray.com/do_not_email to review the details and submit your request to be added to the Piper Jaffray "Do Not E-mail Registry." For additional disclosure information see www.piperjaffray.com/disclosures