[squid-users] Squid-3.5.6 + Chroot + Authentication

Jorgeley jorgeley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:44:11 UTC 2015

Hi guys.
I have a squid 3.5.6 + basic_ncsa_auth + chroot and is crashing only when I
do an authentication.

Here is the main confs:
*auth_param basic program /libexec/basic_ncsa_auth /regras/usuarios
auth_param basic children 10 startup=0 idle=1
auth_param basic realm INTERNET-LOGIN NECESSARIO
... (other confs) ...
acl usuarios            proxy_auth -i   "/etc/squid-3.5.6/regras/usuarios"
... (other confs) ...
chroot /etc/squid-3.5.6*

This is my chroot structre:
*/ (linux root)
/etc
     squid-3.5.6/
                      bin/
                           purge
                           squidclient
                      cache/
                           (squid cache dirs generated by squid -z)
                      etc/
                            cachemgr.conf
                            errorpage.css
                            group
                            gshadow
                            hosts
                            localtime
                            mime.conf
                            nsswitch.conf
                            passwd
                            resolv.conf
                            shadow
                            squid.conf
                       lib64/
                             (a lot of libs here, discovered with ldd
command)
                       libexec/
                             basic_ncsa_auth
                             diskd
                             (other default squid libs)
                       regras/
                             (my acl files rules)
                       sbin/
                             squid
                       share/
                               errors/
                                       (default dir squid errors)
                               icons/
                                       (default squid icons
                               man/
                                       (default man squid pages)
                       usr/
                              lib64/
                                       (a lot of libs here, discovered with
ldd command)
                       var/
                              logs/
                                       (default squid logs)
                              run/
                                    squid.pid*

I did the command:
chroot /etc/squid-3.5.6 /libexec/basic_ncsa_auth
It runs, that's why I'm sure the chroot environment, unless for the
ncsa_auth, is correct

Here is what I find in the cache.log:
*2015/07/22 18:47:27.866 kid1| WARNING: no_suid: setuid(0): (1) Operation
not permitted
2015/07/22 18:48:01.735 kid1| ipcCreate: /libexec/basic_ncsa_auth: (2) No
such file or directory
2015/07/22 18:47:27.866 kid1| WARNING: basicauthenticator #Hlpr13818 exited*

What is the ipcCreate and why he is not findind the file?
Any ideas? Thanks since now.