[squid-users] error windbind

Posta Esterna angelo.bruno at vigilfuoco.it
Fri Jul 24 07:57:39 UTC 2015

Hi all....
i'm very new about squid. I'm tryng to start a squid service (2.6
stable) on a server linux centos 5... it has to connect to an AD server
to authenticate users for internet access...

squid restart is not so good because in the cache.log file i see this error

(ntlm_auth) invalid option --  -

in my squid.conf file i'm trying to use this lines:

auth_param ntlm program ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm keep alive on
auth_param ntlm children 10

Other information in the cache.log

(ntlm_auth) invalid option --  h

(ntlm_auth) invalid option --  e

(ntlm_auth) invalid option --  p

It seems it can't recognize the simple --helper-protocol as a single
option! Is it possible?

On the other side if i try
wbinfo -t

i get:
"checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was   (0x0)
Could not check secret"

and wbinfo -p

"Ping to windbindd failed on fd -l
could not ping windbindd!"

Windbindd is not running... but it's a samba component... i don't need
to use my server as a samba server, how i configure samba to start
windbindd?

Please HELP

--
VCTI Ing. Angelo Bruno