[squid-users] Block word in a URL part

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jul 21 15:17:07 UTC 2015

On 22/07/2015 2:03 a.m., Felipe Almeida wrote:
> Amos, thank you. So as far as I understood, there is no way to use squid to
> block that, right?
> What could be a good solution? Block the whole URL?
> Thank you once again.
> Felipe

RFC 3986 section 3.5:
"
   Fragment identifiers have a special role in information retrieval
   systems as the primary form of client-side indirect referencing,

   ... the fragment identifier is not used in the scheme-specific
   processing of a URI; ...

   ... the fragment itself is dereferenced solely by the user agent,

   ... it also serves to prevent information
   providers from denying reference authors the right to refer to
   information within a resource selectively.
"

The URL #fragment in browser memory is effectively and semantically the
same as an idea in a users head.