[squid-users] How to get the correct size of a denied object ?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Jul 20 16:33:27 UTC 2015

On Monday 20 Jul 2015 at 16:27, Stakres wrote:

> As you know, when an object is denied by an ACl or other, the size of the
> object in the log file is the size of the ERR_* page.
> Is there a way to get the correct/real size of the blocked object ?
>
> Because here we don't care the size of the ERR page, knowing the real size
> of the denied object is much more important, not meaning the size we
> blocked but what is the size we have not downloaded, this is a valuable
> data with clients...

Why not just post-process your log files, and do an HTTP HEAD on the denied
objects to get their size (when this is available, obviously it won't be for
everything, but then Squid would have that problem too).

Antony.

--
Never write it in Perl if you can do it in Awk.
Never do it in Awk if sed can handle it.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.