[squid-users] How to get the correct size of a denied object ?

Stakres vdoctor at neuf.fr
Mon Jul 20 15:27:30 UTC 2015

Hi All,

As you know, when an object is denied by an ACl or other, the size of the
object in the log file is the size of the ERR_* page.
Is there a way to get the correct/real size of the blocked object ?

I know the url is denied before squid gets the object from internet, but it
should be nice to have a special action/option to write to the access.log
the real size instead the ERR page size.
Because here we don't care the size of the ERR page, knowing the real size
of the denied object is much more important, not meaning the size we blocked
but what is the size we have not downloaded, this is a valuable data with
clients...

Possible to plan a solution for the next build ?
Just get the size by headers, deny the object then write the correct size to
the access.log

Thanks in advance.

Bye Fred