[squid-users] block inappropriate images of google

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Jul 17 04:24:26 UTC 2015

On 19/05/2015 5:49 a.m., Andres Granados wrote:
> hello!I need help on how to block pornographic images of google, I
> was trying different options and still do not succeed, try:
> http_reply_access with request_header_add, and even with a
> configuration dns, I think is to request_header_add the best, though
> not it has worked for me, I hope your help, is to implement a school,
> thanks!

FYI; Christos has added a tweak to the "ssl-bump splice" handling that
permits sending the traffic to a cache_peer configured something like this:

 acl example ssl::server_name .example.com
 ssl_bump splice example
 ssl_bump peek all

 cache_peer forcesafesearch.example.com parent 443 0 \
    name=GS \
    originserver no-query no-netdb-exchange no-digest

 acl search dstdomain .example.com
 cache_peer_access GS allow search
 cache_peer_access GS deny all

The idea being that you can use this on intercepted (or forward-proxy)
HTTPS traffic instead of hacking about with DNS to direct clients at the
servers Google use to present "safe" searching.

This should be available in 3.5.7, or the current 3.5 snaphots.

Cheers