[squid-users] AUFS vs. DISKS

Stakres vdoctor at neuf.fr
Thu Jul 16 17:31:45 UTC 2015

Fred,
The AUFS works for us, we switched all our clients back to the AUFS from
DISKD.
Yes, there are some Queue congestions at the squid restart (during 30 min
maxi), but as Amos said the Squid will re-adapt its internal value to fit
the traffic, I can confirm that point.
After a while, the queue congestion disapears but we see many info from the
cache.log saying objects are not found but here I think we don't really care
as the Squid is smart enough to correct its index file...

We have ISPs with 1-2Gbps bandwidth, no complain anymore, only "Thx guys,
great job !"

Amos, all the Squid team,
You have fixed the issues with the AUFS (isEmpty, ...), so thanks to all of
you because with a previous unstable aufs, a still slow diskd and a bugged
rock, it was not easy to have a stable squid cache with good performances.

bye Fred