[squid-users] AUFS vs. DISKS

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Jul 15 16:20:13 UTC 2015

On 15/07/2015 16:36, Yuri Voinov wrote:
> SSD as squid cache?! You are really rich, man!

Please do separate two things Enterprise level SSD and Desktop SSD.
They are different by nature and they do not tend to "break" easily.
They do have different life spans and Enterprise grade HDDs tend to be
more reliable in some setups.

Since AUFS and UFS will not work very well with SMP squid I would
consider using only because of that ROCK.
I am testing and I do not have enough horse power to make sure that
really high load will break rock cache.

If you do have a set of tests to run and give grounds to some
assumptions or to remove specuilations I will be happy to run some.

Eliezer