[squid-users] ufdbGuard cannot check ssl certs

Stanford Prescott stan.prescott at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:38:36 UTC 2015

Hi all.

I've seen some folks asking questions about ufdbGuard and squidGuard here,
so I thought I would give it a try, too.

I am trying to integrate ufdbGuard to replace a working install of
squidGuard on our Smoothwall Express firewall distro with Squid 3.5.5.
Hopefully, if I can get it working, it is something I will be able to
provide to the Smoothwall community for our thousands of users. Maybe some
of those will subscribe to the URLFilterDB? :-)

Anyway, I am to the point where I am trying to start ufdbGuard from the
command line just using "/usr/sbin/ufdbGuard" for testing. I finally got
rid of all error messages except one,

FATAL Error: Cannot perform mandatory check of SSL certificates ****
Core dumped

I have read through the ufdbGuard reference manual and googled the error
and can't seem to find anything that deals with troubleshooting this error.

My compile options are

--prefix=/usr --with-ufdb-user=squid --localstatedir=/var/smoothwall \
               --with-ufdb-config=/var/smoothwall/ufdbguard \
               --with-ufdb-logdir=/var/log/ufdbguard
--with-ufdb-dbhome=/var/smoothwall/ufdbguard/blacklists \
               --with-ufdb-images_dir=/httpd/html/ui/img/ufdbguard
--with-ufdb-piddir=/var/run

Am I just not starting ufdbGuard correctly? Is it something else that
causes ufdbGuard from being unable to check the SSL certs?

Thanks.

Stan