[squid-users] Compiling squid with 'url_rewrite' support?

Michael Monette mmonette at 2keys.ca
Wed Jul 15 14:42:51 UTC 2015

Hello,

This might be a stupid question..

I started looking at squidGuard. Looks pretty straight forward and fairly easy to implement it but for some reason I could not get it to actually work, the blacklists were still being bypassed. I was using Squid-3.5.4 from source because I need the ssl::server_name ACL. I tried to install regular squid-3.1.10 from the YUM repo and using the same config file (disabling the at_step and ssl::servername stuff) and everything worked right away without needing to touch anything else in squid.conf. My blacklists were active.

Do I need to compile squid in a certain way to that url_rewrite works? Or is that something that works and is enabled by default?

Here are my ./configure options:

./configure --prefix=/usr --includedir=/usr/include --datadir=/usr/share --bindir=/usr/sbin --libexecdir=/usr/lib/squid \
--localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc/squid --with-included-ltdl --enable-ltdl-convenience --with-openssl --enable-ssl-crtd --with-logdir=/var/log/squid

My url_rewrite line from squid.conf:

url_rewrite_program /usr/local/bin/squidGuard -c /usr/local/squidGuard/squidGuard.conf

Let me know if I am missing anything. In the mean time I am going to keep playing with it it.

Thanks,

Mike