[squid-users] AUFS vs. DISKS

FredB fredbmail at free.fr
Wed Jul 15 14:20:46 UTC 2015

> This test means nothing. Only very approximate overall IO performance
> for IO subsystem.

Not nothing I don't agree, it's not sufficiently precise to indicate where the problem is, ok with that, but if you change only diskd by aufs you should not see a - huge - difference like this. It's just an end user experience but this explain the complaints of his users.

Fred, I think you have made some tests, not just one ?

Here with more load I can't have a poor performance like this, no matter aufs or diskd. So, at least with 3.4.13, diskd can be more faster and you have a problem, it's not just because diskd is more slow.