[squid-users] AUFS vs. DISKS

Stakres vdoctor at neuf.fr
Wed Jul 15 11:41:13 UTC 2015

Hi Amos,

Sorry but the Rock mode is totaly bugged, the worst mode to use here.
We did tons of tests, small, medium and big rock cache, all crash process
after process. We have definitively abandonned the Rock mode while it'll be
the same results.

So, it seems we'll have to switch all boxes from diskd to aufs, but I think
we could survive
Anyway, we liked the diskd because we see good stability, but the HITed
objects are really too slow, all my clients are complaining, that's why we
did many tests yesterday and we found these times...

Fred