[squid-users] AUFS vs. DISKS

FredB fredbmail at free.fr
Wed Jul 15 11:18:31 UTC 2015

> Your are right fred,
>
> It is is a difficult deal for us too...
>
> aufs -> good speed but more troubles ( assertion failed, "empty()",
> HTTP
> reply without date.... unstable rock system ) and must deal with
> squid
> crashes ( watchdog)

You mean "rock store" or aufs ?
For me aufs seems stable too but slower than diskd after a point, something like beyond 400 r/s

Rock store was very unstable -> Again, my tests are not very recent, do you make a try with 3.5.x ?

I found this, my exact value was --with-aufs-threads=128, but "squidaio_queue_request: WARNING - Queue congestion" was just less present ...

> diskd -> more stable but slower...

Very very stable, no error, no warning