[squid-users] AUFS vs. DISKS

FredB fredbmail at free.fr
Wed Jul 15 10:46:14 UTC 2015

Just a little word about aufs, just for information, to avoid

squidaio_queue_request: WARNING - Queue congestion
squidaio_queue_request: WARNING - Queue congestion
squidaio_queue_request: WARNING - Queue congestion
squidaio_queue_request: WARNING - Queue congestion

I had increase this value (sorry I can't remember the exact number)

      --with-aufs-threads=xxx

But the "load average" - top counter - was very important and I should back to diskd
So only diskd could works good (rock store was worst than aufs ...), with my load and my usage, but perhaps I should test with a more recent version

Tested on Debian