[squid-users] [3.5.6]: assertion failed: store.cc:850: "store_status == STORE_PENDING"

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jul 14 07:55:24 UTC 2015

On 14/07/2015 12:09 p.m., David Touzeau wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We receive this error in cache.log
>
> assertion failed: store.cc:850: "store_status == STORE_PENDING"

Means the store code has some data in-transit for the client. But is
trying to overwrite it with something else without going through the
proper cleanup process. IME that usually happens on incorrect connection
closures.

> Just after browser sends "ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED"
>
> What does it means ?

I suspect issues like (in this order of relevance) the so-called "happy
eyeballs" agorithm side effects, ECN or Window Scaling TCP issues, ICMP
blocking or path-MTUd issues, possibly even browser timeouts not being
long enough.