[squid-users] Is it possible to tunnelize http traffic?

Sebastian Goicochea sebag at vianetcon.com.ar
Mon Jul 13 20:58:58 UTC 2015

Hello, I'm trying to improve the bypass system we use in our servers.
When a site is not shown as it should, or something is broken because of
a poor server's side implementation, we bypass traffic to that server at
ebtables level. This works just as expected, squid never "sees" this
traffic, but when you have problems with some site using akamai's cdn ..
bypassing that network impacts negatively on squid's performance.
Is it possible to tunnelize (as in TCP_TUNNEL/200) some arbitrary
traffic? URL regex would be awesome. Tried googling it but could only
find https related material.

Thanks,
Sebastian