[squid-users] accessing google.com

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Jul 12 01:05:30 UTC 2015

On 11/07/2015 12:21 a.m., Philipp Wehling wrote:
> Hello,
>
> from time to time we have trouble accessing google.com.
>
> After many many troubleshooting and trying to understand debug_options 28,x I wanted to go another way:
>
> All I want is to display, which ACL is blocking the access to the website.
>
> I already found the directive deny_info but this doesnt give me the right parameters.
>

> Any ideas would be appreciated.

This is where you really do need to understand the 28,3 debug output.
There is no one ACL that is causing it. A whole set of ACLs and
particular sequence order of test leads up to any denial.

That is of course following your assumption that Squid is actively
rejecting the traffic with ACLs (you provide no evidence of that).

Chances are rather high these days that it has nothing to do with Squid
since Google prefer to use HTTPS, QUIC, SPDY, or HTTP/2 protocols. All
of which normally bypass Squid processing entirely.