[squid-users] Issue with Citrix sessions and squid

David Touzeau david at articatech.com
Wed Jul 8 18:26:52 UTC 2015

Dear

I would like  to share a strange behavior.

We have servers that stores Citrix application.
Each Citrix server run about 10 users/session
Each session execute browsers connected to squid 3.5.6 or 3.3.13.

After opening 10 tabs, browsers generates error about Connections broken
or connection unavailable from Proxy.
So next tabs cannot be opened correctly.
Both HTTP/HTTPS destination websites meet this behavior.
if we wait several seconds , refresh the browser tab that generate the
error, website can be opened.
No Squid error page can be seen on the browser error.

Using the same test without Squid ( in direct mode ) and inside a Citrix
Session did *not* reproduce this issue
Using the same test on a physical machine did *not* reproduce this issue.
Using the same test on a server "Without Citrix" inside a TSE session
did *not* reproduce this issue.

Using the same test on  with Chrome and Internet Explorer and FireFox
*reproduce* the issue
Using Squid without any ACL, without any caching system, with only one
worker *reproduce* this issue

This issue can only be reproduced on a server with Citrix installed or
inside a Citrix Session with Squid as proxy.

It seems/like that Squid refuse connections from a Citrix Server.

Can anybody have already reproduced/fixed this issue ?

Is there a squid limitation of number of opened browsers from one single
IP ( the Citrix server) ?