[squid-users] Two questions about stored objects

Sebastian Goicochea sebag at vianetcon.com.ar
Wed Jul 8 17:17:22 UTC 2015

Hello everyone, I have been making some modifications (size, object max
size) in some cache dirs and I have a couple of questions:

1) If I lower de maximum object size for a certain cache_dir and
reconfigure (I did a squid -z without squid running), what happens to
the files that are no longer in the cache_dir size limits but are
already stored?

2) If I change the min and max times in refresh_patterns, what happens
to the objects that are already stored? Where they stored with the "old"
times or are they going to be re-evaluated the next time they are
requested by a user?

Thanks a lot
Sebastian