[squid-users] transparent proxy splice using dstdomain issue

S.Kirschner s.kirschner at afa-finanz.de
Tue Jul 7 11:45:35 UTC 2015

Hi I´m using squid version 3.5.3 as transparent proxy in pfsense and got an
issue with my configuration.

I would like to bump ssl connections and some should be spliced(for the
example I used "sparkasse.de"), in my case banking sites should be spliced.

Its working fine when i use IP´s for the acl´s or insert the hostname in the
/etc/hosts,
but I think both cant be the solution.

I think the issues exist because the reverse lookup dont got the anwser
"sparkasse.de", but why it does not use the hostname from the dns request to
the dns-server ?

Also got errors that the ssl accept failed.

Below you could see my squid.conf and the entries from the cache.log for
both cases.

*Without hostname in etc/hosts*

*With hostname in etc/hosts*

*SSL accept log entries*